The average car loses about 60 percent of its purchase value after five years of ownership, but some specific models retain nearly half or more of it. Cars preserving their value are not just limited to exotic or sports cars. Plenty of standard, accessible vehicles, do that too. This makes them excellent vehicles to sell in today’s market.
Cheddar Auto is buying if you want to sell your car online in Cleveland, Youngstown, and Chillicothe, Ohio. Get a check on the spot after the inspection and formalities are done with the Get More Cheddar method!
Resale Value Matters
Choosing a car with a higher expected resale value is a good investment. Because car payments depend on the item’s expected depreciation, a vehicle with a higher resale value will be cheaper in the long term. These considered-used cars have the best resale value because it stays higher even after the average five-year ownership term and gives you a chance for an upgrade.
Best Resale Value Cars of 2021
According to Kelley Blue Book, the authority on valuing cars accurately, these are the best 2021 cars for resale in each category:
- Compact Car: Subaru Impreza (43.1% retained value)
- Midsize Car: Toyota Camry (40.9% retained value)
- Hybrid Vehicle: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (48.6% retained value)
- Subcompact SUV: Subaru Crosstrek (50.4% retained value)
- Compact SUV: Subaru Forester (45% retained value)
- Midsize SUV (2-row): Subaru Outback (41.3% retained value)
- Midsize SUV (3-row): Kia Telluride (46% retained value)
- Full-Size SUV: GMC Yukon (46.4% retained value)
- Off-Road SUV: Jeep Wrangler (55.8% retained value)
- Midsize Pickup Truck: Toyota Tacoma (55.8% retained value)
- Full-Size Pickup Truck: Toyota Tundra (59% retained value)
- Full-Size Pickup Truck (Heavy Duty): GMC Sierra 2500 (56.8% retained value)
- Minivan: Toyota Sienna (44.7% retained value)
SUVs and pickup trucks are the best cars for resale. They retain value more than compact and midsize cars. However, these cars often have a higher initial price.
Get Cash for Your Used Car in Ohio with Get More Cheddar
Cheddar Auto’s method is a swift and stress-free system:
- Enter your VIN or license plate number here.
- Schedule an inspection so that we can assess its condition. If you’ve taken good care of your car, its value may increase.
- You’ll need to complete the usual paperwork to comply with the regulations. It’s a formality that won’t take long.
- Remember to bring the proper documentation. You can check what you’ll need in our FAQ.
- Prepare to get paid on the spot. We’ll cut you a check as soon as the paperwork is done.
Get More Cheddar pays what your car is truly worth and allows you to maximazie your budget. Forget about dealerships giving you sales pitches before you even get your check or private buyers demanding an unfair deal. If you’re ready to resell your vehicle and want the highest possible return on your investment, contact Cheddar Auto.